Selena Marie Weddings & Events
A boutique, wedding planning business based in Santa Barbara, California. Selena was driven to the wedding industry, by the planning of her own destination wedding in Santa Barbara in 2008. She was the ultimate D.I.Y. Bride and created and carefully planned her wedding from a distance. Since then, she has had the opportunity to cultivate this love from a hobby to a profession and has enjoyed working with other planners and florists in the wedding industry and continues to learn and grow from them. She loves to work with the D.I.Y. Bride who has a creative vision that she and her team can stylistically execute and exceed their expectations.
I planned my destination wedding in Santa Barbara, six years ago; to the man I am blessed to call my husband! We planned our wedding together and viewed our wedding as the 1st event where we would show our family and friends not only a good time, but our love and gratitude. I was the ultimate D.I.Y. Bride and even had my very own Gocco machine to create and print our menus, invitations, and gift bags! I loved every minute of planning our wedding and after a few years, I realized it was time to start making my dreams a reality. I love working with many types of brides, but I really enjoy working with the D.I.Y Bride who has a creative vision that I can help make a reality! My husband works by my side and together we help our clients not only achieve their wedding vision, but also ensure that their families and friends feel loved and appreciated! Because it truly is not only a party, but a celebration of the love, appreciation, and gratitude you feel for each other but also your loved ones. I want your guests to say, “this is the best wedding, I have ever been to!”
Five Fun Facts
1. My husband and I love to travel and are especially fond of road trips! Our goal is to get to all of the National Parks in the United States and Canada! We have been to HALF! Almost there!
Follow our travels #roadtrippingwiththesweeneys
2. I love hiking and backpacking! My husband proposed to me at Sentinel Pass near Moraine Lake in the Canadian Rockies!
3. My husband and I enjoy watching lots of HGTV, especially “Fixer Upper”, because we are currently renovating our 1st home in Santa Barbara.
Follow our progress #sweeneysgotahouseinsantabarbara
4. When I’m not planning weddings, I’m working at UC Santa Barbara. Go Gauchos!!!
5. I hired a Wedding Coordinator and it was the best decision I ever made! Thank you Angel!